Want to contribute? Just launched!! http://bit.ly/InTheWUM
Web Site: http://www.whatsupmoms.com
– 1 butternut squash about 2 1/2 lbs (see directions below)
– 3 apples peeled and cut up
– 1 T butter
– onion chopped
– carrot chopped
– celery, chopped
– 2 tsp fresh thyme
– 1T fresh sage, slivered
– 5 cups chicken stock (about)
1) Preheat oven to 350. If using cubed squash, toss with olive oil and salt and pepper. Roast for about 30 minutes until squash is semi-soft. If using whole squash, cut in half lengthwise, and scoop seeds out (leave skin on). Place squash on rimmed baking pan. Put on oven rack and pour 2 c water around. Bake 45 min. Scoop out flesh when cool.
2) Melt butter and cook onion, carrot and celery and apples until soft.
3) Add chicken stock, squash, thyme and herbs. Cook about 20 minutes at a simmer
4) Puree using a stick blender or traditional blender. Add salt and pepper. May need a lot of salt.
Check out my Broccoli Soup (and learn to puree in the blender)… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7vPijgGnQg
We provide our videos for entertainment and promotional purposes only. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or usefulness of the content, instructions and advice contained in our videos. WUM is not liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on anything contained in our videos.